17 December, 2010

SIXTH COMMANDMENT.....

YOU SHALL NOT MURDER....


First, the sixth commandment forbids murder.No matter the wrong, we do not have the authority to track down those who have hurt us, and kill them. That power is entrusted solely to civil authorities.

Second, the sixth commandment forbids abortion. Abortion is the unlawful killing of innocent human life. Here is a letter from 1st B.C. written by a businessman, Hilarion, to his pregnant wife, Alis; “Know that I am still in Alexandria. And do not worry if they all come back and I remain in Alexandria. I ask and beg you to take good care of our baby son, and as soon as I receive payment I shall send it up to you. If you are delivered of a child [before I come home], if it is a boy keep it, if a girl discard it. You have sent me word, ‘Don’t forget me.’ How can I forget you. I beg you not to worry.”Abortion was a major cause of death among women. Ingested poisons produced miscarriage and  also frequently led to the death of the mother.
 
Third, the sixth commandment forbids euthanasia - so-called mercy-killings. Euthanasia is always a sin. We are never to kill the elderly, or the handicapped, or the terminally ill. No person has the right to determine that another life is without value. The intrinsic value of a person’s life does not come from what he does, but from who he is, and he is an image bearer of God.


Fourth, the sixth commandment forbids suicide. Just as we must not unlawfully take the life of another, so we must not take our own life.


Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
Choose Christ, and choose life. God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment